Login |  Register

Welcome
Welcome to engineeringdiy

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Use calibration plugin on bare Kodi
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:39 pm 
Hello all,

I've bought an touchscreen from adafruit. It works great under Raspbian, but somehow when I start Kodi, the calibration is off.
Now I found this project and when I build it via this tutorial I can seem to calibrate the touchscreen. This works great!

Now my question is: is there a way to use this calibration tool with the standard Kodi? Without all the car stuff. Because I don't need that, and I can't seem to set up wifi via your build.

I hope you can help me!

Thanks in advance,
The Zohan

Report this post
Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Use calibration plugin on bare Kodi
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:02 am 
Hello,

this describes exactly my problem. I will use osmc with a HansG 23" touchscreen in my kitchen on a raspberry pi. So I need only the calibration app, because I have test it and it´s works fine.
Please to everyone or Andrei: this is a great app, please separate it and add it to the new app-store of osmc for example or standard kodi environment.
Thanks and best regards
Henning

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:44 pm 
Hi,

I have a vanilla kodi running on the latest raspbian on my RPI2. Display is a 7"Samsung-TFT with touch screen running on a native resolution of 800*480 (hdmi_cvt 800 480 60 6 0 0 0 in /boot/config.txt). I copied the folder /.kodi/addons/plugin.program.touchCalibration from the image to my sd-card to the exact same path. The calibration-plugin now shows up in kodi under programs/plugins. When I start the plugin, the crosshairs in the left upper corner appear with the text 'Touch the top left point and press ENTER'. But doing so nothing happens, the pointer is just disappearing. The next crosshairs are supposed to appear in the top right corner but they don't. Also the calibration file 'touchsreen_axis_calib' is not being created in /home/pi. Creating it by myself, chowning and chmodding it also has no effect.

Every bit of help is welcome.

filtrator

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:18 pm 
Hello

I also only need calibration , it would be really helpful to ask only this addon available . That would be really great!
I hope you can add this fantastic tool!

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:47 am 
Thats not so easy because the addon is working closely with a mod in the kodi sourcecode

you have to build kodi th enable the calibration file in kodi
see the google drive with the patch for LinuxInputDevicec.cpp as example

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:55 am 
Hey,
I've made a tutorial for this, you can check it out if you want: http://arendwierks.blogspot.nl/p/touchs ... i.html?m=1
Please let me know what you think.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:31 pm 
Ok

I will test it.

The person who has developed this patch , this can refer to the Kodi team . In order for the addon is possibly in a later release over.
I ask the Kodie Tema here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=234563

[Edit]
Now i have build with Kodi 14.2 and the Calibration an "new" Kodi.
And it works.
Many thanks

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:14 am 
Phuu what a tutorial (huge)

I compiled kodi also for myself on my RPi2 (don't know if this works also on Rpi1)

no need to make things such complicated.
only the Patch for /xbmc/xbmc/input/linux/LinuxInputDevices.cpp is needed to get the support for the calibration file

I can also share my HowTo or shell script I made for rebuilding kodi all the time if someone like it (atm. its stored on my MS Live account as MS Note file)

Mario

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:19 am 
BTW I#m also working on a clean fix for that situation that can also cleanly integrated into original kodi sources, but I'm not finished yet.

I'd prefer to store the advanced configuration in an allready available file (~/.kodi/userdata/AdvacedSettings.xml)
But I can't include the required AdvancedConfig.h in my LinuxInputDevices.cpp at the moment.
It stops while compiling

https://github.com/holzingerm/xbmc.git

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:19 pm 
I solved my problems with the header files.

The source can be compiled at the moment.
The first step I included only the offset and stretch factors that are working fine (also when no advancedsettings.xml is available)
the last commits include also the touch_mouse, swipe_axes and touch_confines variabels but i had not tested it yet

BTW touch confines isn't used anywere.

the advancedsettings.xml could look like
Code:
<advancedsettings>
   <touchscreen_allign>
      <!-- Touchscreen x axsis offset from the upper left corner -->
      <x_offset>0</x_offset>
      <!-- Touchscreen y axsis offset from the upper left corner -->
      <y_offset>0</y_offset>
      <!-- Touchscreen x axis stretch factor if mouse position is not alligned with touched point-->
      <x_stretch_factor>1.44</x_stretch_factor>
      <!-- Touchscreen y axis stretch factor if mouse position is not alligned with touched point-->
      <y_stretch_factor>0.89</y_stretch_factor>
      <!-- touch <=> mouse event allignment for touchscreens that gives back mouse events when touch event is executed-->
      <touch_mouse>0</touch_mouse>
      <!-- swap Toucscreen axis if adjustment at x(y) axes results in an changed behaviour in y(x) axes-->
      <swap_axes>0</swap_axes>
      <!-- Touch Confines define the range around the last touch point that will be interpreted as touch at the same point for double touch events-->
      <touch_confines>8</touch_confines>
   </touchscreen_allign>
</advancedsettings>

store it under ~/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

Last edited by sandman01 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post
Profile  Offline