Login |  Register

Welcome
Welcome to engineeringdiy

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Touchscreen clicks only *sometimes* work
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:35 am 
So I've managed to get everything calibrated. It all works fine, except that my touchscreen clicks only *sometimes* work. Some presses register what I click, some don't activate what they are supposed to.

*Important note!* When the click *does not* work, the click animation actually succeeds. The button lights up, everything. Nothing happens though.

I've linked a youtube video of me showing the issue.

https://youtu.be/ngOwoaTeV2Y

Any ideas? I would be happy to try any ideas you might have. I'm running Rpi3, wheezy upgraded to jessie, kodi, carbon touch CB skin. Nothing else plugged in, very stable 2amp power supply, and touchscreen is powered directly from the usb port, no hub.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Touchscreen clicks only *sometimes* work
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:45 pm 
Mine does the same I found a quick double tap works great almost like a mouse double click I will check the settings to see if there is something enabled that shouldn't be

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:36 am 
Yeah I temporarily just changed the script to accept all input as a single left click. I'll figure more out later.

Add - It seems that before I changed all input to single left click, some of the input was "unknown command" blah blah... I later changed the usb cable coming from the touchscreen driver because I had some power issues. I'm not sure that the old cable didn't present problems.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:51 pm 
I'm having this same issue, did you figure out how to make it work with just one click instead of a double tap?

Report this post
Profile  Offline