Login |  Register

Welcome
Welcome to engineeringdiy

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Support for Hifiberry-digi
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:50 pm 
Hi guis,
Anyone have an hifiberry-digi and he was able to set it up, i try but without succes. In raspbian there is no problem but in kodi nothing work.
Help me.
I think the problem is in the kernel.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Support for Hifiberry-digi
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:38 am 
If no one answers me means you do not care. however I'll explain exactly what I'm talking.

Image.

however I'll explain exactly what I mean. hifiberry-digi is an audio device using the bus i2c to turn the audio output from the analog to digital optical output or RCA classical, to have a high quality audio output. in a normal installation of kodi there are problems to configure it, but in the version carpc not seen by kodi. I noticed that there are many controls on the GPIO for the radio module and another, but hifiberry digi-harnesses the GPIO. to me that is not interested in using other also outside of hifiberry digi-how can I eliminate everything else and turn your sound card kodi?
please help me, are three weeks that I'm working on without success.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:07 pm 
Be more specific . If you are no interested in peripheral then why do you want carpc version ? What do you want in your setup ? Radio , gps , touchscreen , encoders , none of them ? Cause some of those use i2c , pins tx and rx , etc .

Have you done this ?

https://www.hifiberry.com/guides/config ... ux-3-18-x/

and this

https://www.hifiberry.com/guides/hifiberry-installer/

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:12 pm 
Also notice that they talk about kernel version 3.18 , which is not the case of carpc (3.17) . Once i did a kernel upgrade to check other things but dont know if it gonna work for you :

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... pdating.md

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:01 pm 
ok , first of all thank the answers .
My problem is that I can not configure it with the carpc .
If I configure directly on a new installation of raspbian or kodi works perfectly , but if I install raspbian and then install carpc , I can not get the sound card inside kodi but mostly I can not use it even inside raspbian . radio and controllers via gpio I do not care , I care only to have the sound card working in kodi and gps reciver via USB.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:41 am 
All right . You must know that the installation script replace kernel . If i were you i would comment (#) lines into scrip that refer to kernel .

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:42 am 
But if i skip kernel will not even support touchscreen

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:25 pm 
Thats why i asked you what feature do you want in your setup . Since you install raspbian and perform sudo apt-get update , sudo apt-get upgrade and sudo apt-get dist-update gonna upgrade kernel to latest version , so you can try install drivers . Be advised that there is no guarantee that touch screen still work before commands above.

Also there is sudo rpi-update :

http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/qu ... f-raspbian

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:56 pm 
if I install a normal copy of Kodi I have no problem to recognize hifiberry - digi , but if I install version carpc the sound card is not among the devices . I noticed that next to the normal version alongside the written HDMI , Analog, HDMI Analog will read PI :..
always in the normal version of kodi hifiberry - digi recognizes it as ALSA : default ( snd_soc_hifiberry_digi ) as the fourth menu item.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:33 pm 
Am also VERY interested in getting a HiFiberry Digi+ to work in Carpc.

I will be installing everything tonight and will follow the HiFiBerry instructions and will post results back here.

Report this post
Profile  Offline