Login |  Register

Welcome
Welcome to engineeringdiy

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: radio_tune_left/right locks up the system?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:26 am 
Hello all...

I'm having an issue where I can't use the commands radio_tune_left/right within the radio plugin. I have the encoders set up correctly. I can verify this by using another command like radio_seek_up/down. They seek just fine. I've tested volume control on the same encoder. Works fine. The moment I change it to radio_tune_left/right and turn the knob, it locks the system up and I have to force reboot. I'm using the si4703 and best I can figure, it's wired in correctly. I can turn from within the plugin using the touchscreen. Everything seems to work fine until I just try to use the encoder to tune.

Any ideas? All help is appreciated.

*EDIT*
It seems after scouring the radio addon.py file I found that the frequency buttons to seek left and right also had tuning up and down coded in. After swapping to the tuning option and commenting out the seek option, it works. Therefore I was able to use the command it listed in my gpio description file.

TLDR version: It *isn't* radio_tune_left/radio_tune_right, but in fact radio_tune_down/radio_tune_up. The gpio description file actually says tune_left/tune_right at the bottom list of commands. Not entirely accurate.

Tested and it works fine. Perhaps this will help someone else.

Report this post
Profile  Offline