Login |  Register

Welcome
Welcome to engineeringdiy

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Radio does not work.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:52 am 
Hello! I'm doing the project with my raspberry pi 2. I have the module si4703 radio and encoders ky-040, connect them following the outline posted on the website of Engineering (DIY), and it does not work, I have to edit a file? Thank you very much!

Report this post
Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Radio does not work.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:47 pm 
I could suggest you to search into other threads but i suppose that it is the same as ever . You probably are expecting sound come from RPi , but you must know that it comes from jack 3.5mm , so connect a earphone and ensure that it is really not working.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:24 am 
Elias Alves wrote:
I could suggest you to search into other threads but i suppose that it is the same as ever . You probably are expecting sound come from RPi , but you must know that it comes from jack 3.5mm , so connect a earphone and ensure that it is really not working.

Hello, thank you very much for your reply, I'm looking in other threads and can not find it can be, I connected the headset to radio module Si4703 to have the antenna and do nothing, do not know if the problem I have in communication I2C, because the encoders are not working, and software radio Carpi no have anything or change station. Do I have to activate communication I2C or I need to copy a document or change something? Thank you very much.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:17 pm 
Have uncommented(#) lines on gpio configs (/opt/carpc/config)? Is there some kind of pink noise on earphones ? Double check your connections . Use a multimeter to check if voltages are correct on encoders and breakout board .

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:32 am 
Elias Alves wrote:
Have uncommented(#) lines on gpio configs (/opt/carpc/config)? Is there some kind of pink noise on earphones ? Double check your connections . Use a multimeter to check if voltages are correct on encoders and breakout board .

I'm new at this raspberry, but I'm very interested in learning, headphones have no noise, not heard anything, I think it is not working, what I have to uncomment lines of GPIO? I did not know that, I'll try. I'm checking voltages in the radio module have the 3.3V VCC, SDA, in RST and the GPIO2, the scheme have followed is that of Engineering (DIY), thank you very much for your help.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:41 pm 
Elias Alves wrote:

Hi, I edited / opt / carpc / config uncommented, and encoders work !!! Thank you very much, radio is doing nothing, you is not heard and encoders on the radio could only volume, but does not change or station, radio touch buttons are not working, you know if something has to change? Thank you.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:52 pm 
Clearly something is wrong . If radio has no sound touch buttons or encoders cant work, they depend on radio . Which version of carpc are you using ? Or are you using German image like me and other guys .Once my si4703 was working then other day it stopped working (just strange noise ) i disconnected everything and connected again , then ok . Wires are easy to get loosen .Take some pictures would be helpful.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:29 pm 
Elias Alves wrote:
Clearly something is wrong . If radio has no sound touch buttons or encoders cant work, they depend on radio . Which version of carpc are you using ? Or are you using German image like me and other guys .Once my si4703 was working then other day it stopped working (just strange noise ) i disconnected everything and connected again , then ok . Wires are easy to get loosen .Take some pictures would be helpful.

use the image of "car pc jessie kodi 15" have connected several times the module, there is a file that is the radio program and I have to edit or comment out something? Thank you.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:23 pm 
Make sure you have enabled i2c in raspi-config advanced settings, I had forgotten that and battled for a few weeks trying to work out what was wrong!

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:33 pm 
doddie wrote:
Make sure you have enabled i2c in raspi-config advanced settings, I had forgotten that and battled for a few weeks trying to work out what was wrong!

When I first setup CarPC my radio was working. Tried fixing another problem caused my radio to stop working. For some reason, it disabled I2C. Working again!!

Thanks!!

SW Louisiana USA

Report this post
Profile  Offline