Login |  Register

Welcome
Welcome to engineeringdiy

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: CarPC step-by-step guide for Raspbian Jessie
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:08 pm 
Hello,

I have tried to install it on a raspberry pi 3 after installing the latest version of RaspbianOS (Jessie) but I have the issue that it does not properly render the skin.
The board is connected via HDMI to my 1920x1080 tv since I do not have the touchscreen yet.

Does anybody have the same problem?

Thanks?

Attachments:
IMG_20170423_190433.jpg
IMG_20170423_190433.jpg [ 4.85 MiB | Viewed 291 times ]
IMG_20170423_190530.jpg
IMG_20170423_190530.jpg [ 4.36 MiB | Viewed 291 times ]
IMG_20170423_190540.jpg
IMG_20170423_190540.jpg [ 4.52 MiB | Viewed 291 times ]
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:02 pm 
This question has been answered a 100 times – but once again:

Add
Code:
gpu_mem=256
to /boot/config.txt!

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:10 pm 
I'm sorry. WAIT no I'm not! I just couldn't scrap the project. It is cheaper to get a new headend unit with all this stuff already to use but well, it just wouldn't be mine!

Let me start with this @jack and chris WELLL DONE!!!!
and all others that have participated and helped.

jack wrote:
Open /home/pi/.navit/navit.xml

Sorry jack navit.xml is not located here. At least not on my install.

It is located /etc/navit/navit.xml

sudo nano /etc/navit/navit.xml

For any others that need to change language.

The main menu language location is

/home/pi/.navit/xml/skins/snaga/gui.xml

sudo nano /home/pi/.navit/xml/skins/snaga/gui.xml

It is still in german.
To: Map Navigation Settings
Or the language you speak

Here is what I have

RPi3
Current Raspbian (jessie full)
SanDisk Ultra PLUS 32gb SD
Official 7" touch screen. Please people get one of these this project is so much easier if you break down and spend the money for it.
I had a UBlox 7 usb gps receiver that I could never get to work even outside navit.
I opted for Ublox NEO-6M GPS Module and it is working wonderfully with a LOT of tweaking.
I only have to put the radio module (si4703) back in and test everything together.

jack wrote:
gcarlyle22 wrote:
Well that doesn't make sense I only have 1 amp in my car. How are the 2 sources being tied together?

This has been discussed several times in the forum. A search on the forum for 'radio output' would answer your question. To make it short: you have to connect audio outputs from radio and Pi like shown here (Figure 4).

gcarlyle22 wrote:
The radio never shuts off.

Not true! The radio is controlled by the carpc controller. There's no need to worry about!

I will be trying to see if I can get the tea5767 FM module working (as soon as I get my new one). I don't like the how si4703 is set up. The tea5767 has a sound jack and antenna jack makes it easier than having to remove a surface mount capacitor then soldering in an antenna lead.

I am going with ViewHD HDMI Audio Extractor with 5.1CH Decoder for sound as I have a 5 channel amp. I will let you know how that works out.

Hopefully it will still be at the link a few months down the road:
https://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Extractor ... VHD-H2HADi

So far REAL good.

Profile  Online

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:38 pm 
jack wrote:
This question has been answered a 100 times – but once again:

Add
Code:
gpu_mem=256
to /boot/config.txt!

Thanks! It worked!

Is there a way to show the cursor of the mouse if I decide to connect one?

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:19 pm 
chips wrote:
Is there a way to show the cursor of the mouse if I decide to connect one?

This is currently not possible without changing some code. But I will release an update to the skin in a few days, which will have a setting for that.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:13 pm 
hmm @jack , i already had gpu_mem=256 in the config.txt ... but my KODI crashed or rather froze so I restarted via SSH, after that Confluence skin loaded so I manually switched to Xtouch but everything was just like in the photos above ... white and black and with no names ... how do i get it back? I do not want to reinstall, i tried reloading the skin and several restarts

EDIT: well this is weird it like reset the settings and i hat to do the "first time setting" thing .. huh go figure

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:45 pm 
Hello Jack, firstly a big thank you for all the help through the Posts, I managed to get my System mostly running without having to ask as most questions had already come up. Some of them a few times, hahaha. Anyway, my question is regarding the next update, is this still in the Pipeline? If the current release is anything to go by I can imagine how great the upgrade will be. Anyway, thanks guys for an awesome Forum and a great project.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:20 pm 
Hi MacNastard!

I plan to release the update this weekend. Had to go through some testing and bug fixing, so it took a bit longer than expected. But it's almost done now. It won't be a big update. Mostly optimizations and some bug fixes. A few new features are included though.

Of course you can install and use the current skin version and update when the new version is out. You won't lose anything, all settings, data etc. will stay untouched.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:36 pm 
Hello friends,
I am facing with a problem and I may need some advice. I am using raspberry pi3 and waveshare 4.3 inch HDMI lcd. I installed carpc successfully and then I have placed advancedsettings.xml file in ~/.kodi/userdata and it contains ;
<advancedsettings>
<touchscreen>
<x_offset>-20</x_offset>
<y_offset>-20</y_offset>
<x_stretch_factor>0.1217</x_stretch_factor>
<y_stretch_factor>0.071</y_stretch_factor>
</touchscreen>
</advancedsettings>
( I used touchscreen calibration before setting up the car pc and found max and min x,y values. The resolution for the lcd is 480x272 and stretch factor values were calculated with this formula 480/x_max , 272/y_max)
When the carpc starts touchscreen is working great for 10 seconds and then boom cursor disappears and it is not working and it is also not working in the desktop.

I have created 99-calibration.conf in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf but nothing changed.

I also modified touchscreen_axes_calib as the same with the valeus in the advancedsettings.xml file.
As I heard advancesettings.xml is not working for Kodi versions lower than 17 so I tried to delete it and nothing changed so it seems advancedsettings.xml is not affecting anything.

Is there anybody faced with this problem and do you have any idea about fixing it ? thanks..

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:49 am 
Hi guys,

I have trawled and trawled this topic and many a google searches and i can not seem to find a fix to my problem :cry: ...

I have: RPi 3 and a 64gb micro sd and a 8gb miccro sd, have followed this set up about 6 times trying different combos of installs and nothing seems to work. im not willing to give up on this!! :idea:

My issue is....I have a fresh Raspbian Jessie install, followed this tutorial to the dot. once i do a reboot the carpc splash screen loads up, takes about 2-3 minutes of loading (no idea why) then simply goes into a black screen and nothing!.

I activated SSH before i did the carpc install and puTTy still wont let me SSH into it..

any help would greatly be appreciatted!

Note:
adjusted the GPU = 256

UPDATE: Tried a different Micro SD all working, now to change the language...

Last edited by Robzz on Tue May 23, 2017 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile  Offline

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next