Login |  Register

Welcome
Welcome to engineeringdiy

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
 Post subject: Re: CarPC step-by-step guide for Raspbian Jessie
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:30 pm 
I have carpc language set to English Navit is in German how do I change it to English?

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:18 pm 
Open /home/pi/.navit/navit.xml

Right at the beginning of the file you see this
Code:
<config xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude" language="de_DE">

Change "de_DE" to "en_EN"

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:23 pm 
dose this install touch screen drivers because i can't get my touch screen to work. I'm using a http://www.waveshare.com/wiki/5inch_HDMI_LCD. I tried installing it multiple times. but just could not to get to work with this. I think it is not mounting properly but I have no clue on how to fix it. Any suggestions. Please help thanks.

or if anybody knows of a 5 inch screen that will work with this because of my car i can't use a bigger one.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:09 am 
austyler15 wrote:
dose this install touch screen drivers because i can't get my touch screen to work. I'm using a http://www.waveshare.com/wiki/5inch_HDMI_LCD. I tried installing it multiple times. but just could not to get to work with this. I think it is not mounting properly but I have no clue on how to fix it. Any suggestions. Please help thanks.

or if anybody knows of a 5 inch screen that will work with this because of my car i can't use a bigger one.

I had the same touch screen and could never get it to work. I went ahead and spent the money for the official 7". I know that doesn't help much. A lot of people tried to get it to work but never got it totally working.

I'm guessing it's because you have a single din radio bezel?

I have a 2000 Pontiac Grand AM that came with a single. I found that 1999 -2005 cars are the same but the 2002 and later have a 2din bezel. The only modification I had to do is lower the climate controls 1/4 of an inch. that might be a way for you to use a bigger screen.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:13 am 
Now here is my question:

When carpc loads it makes a ding sound when the system finds the connection for the carpc controller so I know my sound is working. When I use the radio I do not have sound unless I plug my headphones into the radio module. Still no sound from the pie.

I have audio output set to analog.

Any ideas why?

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:45 am 
There is no sound output from the radio module through the Pi. Output is only through the 3.5mm jack of the SI4703 module.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:29 pm 
Well that doesn't make sense I only have 1 amp in my car. How are the 2 sources being tied together?

The radio never shuts off.

I've been dabbling with the project for almost 2 years and have never gotten it to work all the way.

I thought wow RPi 3 wifi bluetooth integrated what more could you ask for? Official RPi 7 inch everything should work.

Still no bluetooth working. Tried to get info from
software-bluetooth-interface-and-music-t375.html

But you have to have a password to get the files. Can't get any info from that thread it appears to be dead.

Dunno guess it's time to just junk all this and buy one of the new decks that have this in it.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:16 pm 
gcarlyle22 wrote:
Well that doesn't make sense I only have 1 amp in my car. How are the 2 sources being tied together?

This has been discussed several times in the forum. A search on the forum for 'radio output' would answer your question. To make it short: you have to connect audio outputs from radio and Pi like shown here (Figure 4).

gcarlyle22 wrote:
The radio never shuts off.

Not true! The radio is controlled by the carpc controller. There's no need to worry about!

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:47 pm 
thanks for the info but i have a 1987 cadillac allante with a small area to work whit. ill figure out tho.
And i think this 1. http://www.instructables.com/id/Raspberry-Pi-BluetoothAirplay-Audio-Receiver-combo/ or 2. https://github.com/lukasjapan/bt-speaker will help with the bluetooth but there is no interface and i suggest suing up in raspbin not kodi.

ps if using 1 with airplay i suggest setting up hot spot like this https://frillip.com/using-your-raspberry-pi-3-as-a-wifi-access-point-with-hostapd/ hope i can help someone

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:56 am 
thanks but none of those worked. I need an addon for kodi but can't find one. everything is for OSMC OpenElec which I understand are different than this so they don't work.

I'm too old to learn to code and I don't have the patients to do it.

The addon I need is on this forum but I don't have a password to get the files from the repo it's on.

There is no way that I can find to add a repo in the settings.

So I believe it is time to scrap the project.

Profile  Offline

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21