Login |  Register

Welcome
Welcome to engineeringdiy

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Is there any advantage to using a pi3 vs. a pi2?
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:38 am 
So when I was ordering parts for my bikePC project, I decided to go with the new pi3. While waiting for my screen to arrive, I installed retropie on the pi3 and have been having too much fun to let that project go so I'm just going to order another pi for this project.

I've also noticed that getting carPC to work on the pi3 isn't as straight-forward as I had thought it might be. I'm completely new to raspberry pi and extremely rusty with linux in general. This got me thinking about maybe just going with the pi2 to make things easier on myself. The only thing holding me back is whether or not the pi3 would be worth the hassle.

I know the pi3 has built-in BT and wifi. I plan on using both of these features in my build, but I really wouldn't mind using dongles. The pi will be out of sight so having a couple dongles sticking out the side wouldn't be an issue.

What I'm wondering is if the applications will run better or more smoothly on the pi3?

So what do y'all think? Is it worth it to go with the 3?

Report this post
Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Is there any advantage to using a pi3 vs. a pi2?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:15 pm 
+1

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:59 pm 
My setup has a lot of features in RPi2 . I noticed that when using a class 2 sd card system was slower to get response from certain things . Actually i have a sd card class 10 and it is much faster and responsive .

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:50 pm 
Is that a UHS card as well?

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:18 pm 
SanDisk Ultra New 32GB micro SD micro SDHC

Report this post
Profile  Offline