Login |  Register

Welcome
Welcome to engineeringdiy

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: CarPi and some tweaks
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:56 am 
Hello friends, nice (hard) work here, and all things at now are awesome!

I had so long a Jeep Cherokee XJ 00' and about a year placed a "witson multimedia center" (from china).
Ok it's work, a terrible interface but has some nice features, but, with these forum and ideas, the witson multimedia central goes to junkyard...

(this witson's central has 2 windows CE 6.0 board: one "dvd" CE and one GPS CE and the two CE boards uses the same 6" TFT display tocuhscreen interfaced in a "promiscuous" curiosity mode and peculiar... the firmware are terrible, 600mhz cpu and can use maps and sd card ports... )

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/6-2-Car-DVD-player-GPS-for-Dodge-Avenger-Caravan-Caliber-Journey-Caliber-Dakota-Ram-Magnum/694637131.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.2.fu1Y5Q&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_4,searchweb201644_2_79_78_77_82_80_62,searchweb201560_3

http://www.witson.com/en/displayproduct.html?proID=101646152

But this central has some features we can mind to implement in CarPi: (if one of these features are implemented before, please tell me)

- Start in the last state (if you shutdown your car in radio or in another app like mp3 player the central power up and goes return to last state and last radio station or mp3 played).
- Audio with 2 zones you can hear the GPS voice and music in the same time)
- Bluetooth handsfree phone (to pickup a call or make call from the central - but make calls from centrall are useless).
- Bluetooth music (to play from smartphone)

In CarPi, maybe these features are the "must to have" IMO to implement. The navit is weird if we compare with iGO or something else

last, I guess a airplay mirror (to use waze) or other navigator app miorroring from the iphone or android maybe a interessant.

The shutdown in raspberry are my nightmare, I don't know if rasp can shotdown quickly possible in "shutdown turn key" and can return to power or last state in "car start engine"

Thank you for read this and collaborate!

cheers!!

Report this post
Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: CarPi and some tweaks
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:51 pm 
Those futures would be interesting and useful for me too:
1) Start in the last state
2) Audio with 2 zones: you can hear the GPS voice and music in the same time.
3) hands-free phone (somehow)

Report this post
Profile  Offline