Login |  Register

Welcome
Welcome to engineeringdiy

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: rear parking camera
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:39 pm 
Salut! Andrei and Doru,

do you guys think you can add a rear parking camera to the project.
I'd like to be able to add something like that in a vehicle, it would ramp up the usability of the whole project in my opinion. The guys from i-carus have something like that but it's a dvr camera that sits on the windshield and honestly, I don't see the point of that. If you want to add camera functionality, then place it in the rear so that it can help parking the car in safer. At the school runs, shopping, or parking along the road between 2 other cars, I know my other half would appreciate to have this kind of aid, so I'm hoping you can work your magic on something like this in the future.
Many thanks,

Lucian

Report this post
Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: rear parking camera
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:36 am 
Hi Lucian,
we use a rear parking camera already.

I have this display and video board http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-VGA-2AV-Re ... 2a2d190e75

You can atash a rear camera direct on video board (AV2).

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:36 am 
Salut Doru,

thanks a lot, that's great to know! So how do you call your function from the dashboard, do you launch it from within Apps?
I don't plan to use film library in the car (well... not unless I would push out the signal to another display that I'd then put for the back seat... watching films is not allowed in the UK and shouldn't be used whilst driving for sure, but the passengers in the back seat could benefit from some entertainment, per say)
As such, I was wondering if there's an easy way to push a "Parking mode" function button on the dashboard directly which will be easier to get to rather than having to drill through the KODI menu.
Also what was your preference when you've chose your rear parking camera - any particular product you went for, some that would have a decent wide angle and potentially also LED lighting to aid parking in the evening?
Thanks once more,

Lucian

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:10 am 
Lucian wrote:
Salut Doru,

thanks a lot, that's great to know! So how do you call your function from the dashboard, do you launch it from within Apps?
I don't plan to use film library in the car (well... not unless I would push out the signal to another display that I'd then put for the back seat... watching films is not allowed in the UK and shouldn't be used whilst driving for sure, but the passengers in the back seat could benefit from some entertainment, per say)
As such, I was wondering if there's an easy way to push a "Parking mode" function button on the dashboard directly which will be easier to get to rather than having to drill through the KODI menu.
Also what was your preference when you've chose your rear parking camera - any particular product you went for, some that would have a decent wide angle and potentially also LED lighting to aid parking in the evening?
Thanks once more,

Lucian

The display board has ACC +12V so just attach a wire from your reverse light (12v) and it will change the channel automatically for you. No coding needed.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:19 pm 
I too am interested in this! But I'm unsure of how the one power wire (connected to camera/reverse lights) is supposed to go to the "acc" pin on the touchscreen board? Do you use a 5 pin connector? and which of the 5 wires am i supposed to hook the positive cable from the reverse light/camera to?

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:46 am 
More info maybe it helps.
Images are not representative because the cam wiring use a relais box so the
cam isn't powered from the reverse light direct.
The acc wire of the cam is connected to the pin on the screen
board and the other side off the acc wire is connected to the reverse light.

So when you put it in reverse the acc wire switches to AV2 and the relais is
activated to power the cam.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:50 am 
@delmer

What i'm saying is... which of the 5 pins is the ACC pin? I can't tell by looking at the back of my touchscreen board. (It says its possible on the amazon description) I understand that the camera only cuts on when the reverse lights are turned on.. I"m just not sure where/how to wire it to the touchscreen board

Report this post
Profile  Offline