Login |  Register

Welcome
Welcome to engineeringdiy

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Re: ISO 10487 sound connection
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:16 pm 
Splitter is not intended to use this connector , is to separate audio and video from HDMI , since it is done you can plug rca cables to an amplifier , there are small cheap digital amplifiers from the amplifier cables are attached to speaker and all sound stuffs .

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:26 pm 
Elias Alves wrote:
Splitter is not intended to use this connector , is to separate audio and video from HDMI , since it is done you can plug rca cables to an amplifier , there are small cheap digital amplifiers from the amplifier cables are attached to speaker and all sound stuffs .

Hi finally I followed your steps and bought an HDMI splitter. I attach the image

Now my problem is how to connect the audio rca to the car audio wires and how can I connect the 5v dc input to my car.

Attachments:
Captura.JPG
Captura.JPG [ 45.57 KiB | Viewed 244 times ]
Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:22 pm 
You would buy RCA cables and cut them, then attach them to the car stereo wires. As for power, you will need a power supply, such as the Mausberry Car Switch to power it, using one of the two USB outputs. You could also power it from the PI if the amp requirements were low enough.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:51 pm 
Be aware of there are things related to impedance of speaker . If i were you i would use a car amplifier and connect rca cables to it. The question about power source to splitter : i used the same as used to power my PI . Look at my hardware list :

hardware-list-t647.html

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:01 pm 
Elias Alves wrote:
Be aware of there are things related to impedance of speaker . If i were you i would use a car amplifier and connect rca cables to it. The question about power source to splitter : i used the same as used to power my PI . Look at my hardware list :

hardware-list-t647.html

Thanks so much Elias, and thanks too for your hardware list.
More or less we have the same, just that maybe as you say, will be better to use a car amplifier instead of my amplifier card. This one makes a little noise.
I will need a cheap 4 channel car amplifier. Somebody can suggest anyone?
After that if everything works I'l publish my hardware list too, with pics of the project

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:19 pm 
Anything is wrong. If I connect the hdmi splitter to my amplifier via rca theres a big buzz so I can't hear nothing.
Otherwise if I use the 3.5mm audio of raspberry to my amplifier there's a small noise (white noise).
Anyway when raspbian loads it starts the noise.
My amplifier is that I showed in the first pic. Any Idea?

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:05 pm 
Did you set kodi to play audio via hdmi?

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:57 am 
arusia wrote:
Did you set kodi to play audio via hdmi?

Of course, now I'm thinking that's an impedance issue. I've been looking for information and car speakers has an 4ohm impedance and desktop speakers 8ohm. Keep in mind that raspberry its just a computer, not a car radio. Am I wrong?

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:48 am 
Finally it worked as Elias said.
I bought a new 4 channel car amplifier Sony XPLOD 444w(https://www.sony.es/support/es/product/XM-444) and an HDMI splitter connected to the Sony car amplifier with an RCA cable.
I think it's the best solution because the sound its perfect with no noise

Now the problem arrives when I try to connect the radio module to the car amplifier.
The radio module is connected from the SI4703 3.5mm radio output to my RCA car amp'lifier input. While Rapsberry is loading it makes a lot of noise. I can hear the radio but If I change to music, the noise continues

Is there any way to output the radio sound directly to hdmi, instead from 3.5 mm output?

Report this post
Profile  Offline