Login |  Register

Welcome
Welcome to engineeringdiy

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: [Dual Display] 7" LCD + AV Composite
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:16 am 
Good Day!

In my current setup I have the 7" display from RS-online and wanted to add another display for rear passengers?

Is there a guide or updates where we can have a mirror display?

Thanks.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: [Dual Display] 7" LCD + AV Composite
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:45 pm 
As far as i know Kodi let us decide to choose which screen to start, main screen or secondary screen , in options . But operating system must recognize both (I do it in my laptop , while on internet and HDMI TV running kodi ) . I didnt try this :

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 6&t=158613

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:46 pm 
carloval wrote:
Good Day!

In my current setup I have the 7" display from RS-online and wanted to add another display for rear passengers?

Is there a guide or updates where we can have a mirror display?

Thanks.

I was in your same situation. In my case i am using the official Pi display. I happened to see the below posting and it helped me to duplicate the screen/display. It basically copies the screen buffer to HDMI. I then used a HDMI to AV converter and connected to car's rear display. I use both the display at the same time.

https://github.com/AndrewFromMelbourne/raspi2raspi

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:49 am 
As I am using a aftermarket 9" screen in my dash, I have the HDMI output running to a HDMI to AV converter with HDMI passthrough. Headrest monitors and monitors in boot installation run off the AV output while HDMI pass through runs to front monitor.

Works excellent except whatever the front monitor displays, the rest do obviously. You cant do Dual Zone so rear seats display different to front. Maybe one day someone will work out a way but would require an external video card as well possibly or another raspberry pi.

Report this post
Profile  Offline